(Poster presentation submissions are now closed)
Presenters are expected to be present at their posters during the dedicated poster session times, to be determined closer to the conference. The exact location of each poster presentation will be listed in the final program.
- Posters must be in portrait orientation (vertical) and not exceed 114 cm (45 inches) wide by 180 cm (71 inches) tall. Posters in landscape orientation (horizontal) will not fit on the poster boards being used at the conference.
- Poster boards are cloth covered. Use velcro tabs (preferred) or push-pins to attach your poster to the board. Velcro tabs and push-pins will be available on-site.
- You are responsible for set-up and take down of your own poster. Unclaimed posters are not the responsibility of the conference organizers, planner, or conference centre staff and will be disposed following the conference. You will be notified of the set-up and tear down times closer to the conference.
Suggestions for effective posters:
- Use a simple typeface and use bold-face for headings. Letters and numbers should be large enough to be readable from 1.5 m away. For example, font size recommendations for Arial font:
Title = 72 pt.
Author and affiliation = 48 pt.
Text = 36 pt.
- Use bullets, and keep text to a minimum. Don’t crowd information onto the poster.
- Keep figures and tables simple.
- Use a simple background and colour scheme that does not detract from the information being presented.
- Excessive use of organization logos or advertisements is discouraged.
- If possible, provide miniaturized copies of the poster (e.g. 22cm x 28cm; 8.5" x 11") and your business card.
- Provide an envelope where people can leave their business card for requesting additional information.
- Include a recent photo of yourself in the upper right-hand corner so that people can find you for discussion later.